- Observes shift operating hours at all times.
- Performs specific tasks as assigned by the manager.
- Completes all tasks on Daily Check Sheet.
- Assists the Store Manager and other employees in seeing that the store maintains an appearance evaluation grade of at least 95%.
- Immediately greets every customer upon arrival in the store.
- Gives all customers prompt and courteous service.
- Assists customers in their needs and demonstrates concern.
- Makes sales transactions quickly and accurately.
- Follows the work schedule as posted, unless a change in schedule is arranged with the Store Manager in advance.
- Stays familiar with the Company Price Book, Employee Handbook, and memos.
- Operates shift within company guidelines to achieve sales and profit
- Develops ability to read and understand instructions for operating and troubleshooting cash registers, gas dispensers, computers and other equipment.
- Wears the proper uniform and looks professional each day.
- Perform other duties as assigned or as job changes.
- Prepares a shift-change report at the completion of their shift, with all applicable reports completed.
- Properly posts all hours worked on time sheet.
- Rings all sales properly.
- Accounts for inventory during vendor check-ins.
- Treats all customers and co-workers in a friendly, courteous manner.
- Advises Store Manager or main office of any personnel situations or policy violations having an adverse effect on store operation performance.
- Employees must be honest, hardworking, dependable and trustworthy.
- Identifies all persons getting gas before authorizing pumps.
- Shares the responsibility for controlling the inventory in the store.
- Follow company policy with regard to cash drops in order to limit cash in the register.
- Completes a shift change report sheet at the end of each shift.
- Follow correct vendor check-in procedure as defined in the Employee Handbook.
- Keeps coolers, store shelves and displays fully stocked and fronted at all times.
- Properly cleans and maintains equipment and readies high-margin products such as coffee, fountain drinks, etc.
- Uses correct pricing as listed in the price book or as posted.
- Uses “Suggestive Selling” techniques.
- Keeps the store floors clean and dry at all times.
- Uses spare time to clean counters, aisles, shelves, windows, floors, gas pumps and bathrooms to ensure they remain clean at all times.
- Immediately advises Store Manager of any maintenance problems.
REQUIREMENTS (Essential functions necessary to do the job)
- Able to read, understand, and write in English.
- Able to speak and understand English, including the ability to hear the spoken work.
- Able to perform arithmetical calculations in order to be able to make change, complete shift reports and account for numbers of a variety of products.
- Have sufficient visual acuity to check identification and to authorize gas pumps.
- Able to read and understand instructions for operating electronic cash registers and other equipment.
- Able to stand on your feet for the entire shift.
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds, carrying cases of milk cartons and soft drinks, beer and juice containers, etc.
- Able to stock shelves and coolers.
- Able to sweep and mop floors, dust shelves, and lift and carry out trash containers and place in an outside bin.
- Able to clean the parking lot and grounds surrounding the convenience store, including shoveling snow and applying ice melt when needed.
- Able to work in a cooler at a temperature of 34 degrees up to 30 minutes at a time.
The list of requirements, duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive but is merely the most accurate list for the current job. Management reserves the right to revise the job description and to require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job change (for example: emergencies, changes in personnel, workload or technical development).